Feb 2017 | Further details to be released | Glasgow
The Value the Difference project aims to tackle Unconscious Bias in the workplace through a combination of research activity, organisational intervention and individual career support to employees from participating organisations. The project is being co-ordinated by Glasgow City Council and is funded by the BIG Lottery and is completely FREE to participate in.
This FREE project includes bespoke workshops for management teams on key issues highlighted in the Implicit Attitude Tests taken by staff within the organisation and will focus on the practical impact of equality and diversity legislation, participation in organisational interventions, access to individual career coaching for employees as well as an opportunity to network and share concerns with other organisations and access to quarterly updates on equality and diversity issues in employment.
The programme includes the following benefits to your business which is delivered by both Brodies LLP and University of Strathclyde:
- Leadership meeting – this will be attended by the key people from each organisation and all partners and will be an introduction to the project, agree the scope of training, organisation objectives
- Free ½ day bespoke workshop for senior management team focusing on the practical impact of the legislation (approx. 15)
- Free ½ day bespoke workshop for junior management team focusing on the practical impact of the legislation (approx. 15)
- Employee participation in the Implicit Attitude Tests with confidential feedback
- Involvement in practical interventions developed through University of Strathclyde research
- Employee access to personalised individual career coaching
- Networking and quarterly updates on E&D issues in employment
- FREE Service
If you would like to find out more about this project or participate please contact BusinessSupport@drs.glasgow.gov.uk